As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines, but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
COVID-19 and impact on peer review
Arranging APC coverage
The International Journal of Quality Innovation is a 100% Gold Open Access journal which levies an article-processing charge (APC) of £630/$980/€800 upon acceptance following peer review. However, authors are not expected to pay this charge from their personal funds.
We believe that the APC should not be a barrier to publication for accepted articles.
Numerous funding options are available.
- The Korean Society for Quality Management (KSQM) awards funding to pre-approved authors whose work falls within the journal's aims and scope. To request full funding from the KSQM pending acceptance before you submit your paper, please email Sang M. Lee with your idea and/or abstract, and request a code entitling to you a full APC waiver pending article acceptance. On submission, choose the payment option that reads, "I believe that I am covered by an institutional membership arrangement and wish to request institutional payment or discount (as applicable)" and enter your code.
- If you live in one of these countries, SpringerOpen will cover your APC.
- If your institution is one of SpringerOpen's members, you are eligible a discount or full waiver of the APC. Contact your institution to learn exactly how much is covered.
- If your research is not covered by any funding toward open access publication, provide a letter from your department head attesting to this.
- To explore more funding options, contact our free open access support service here.
- If your funding covers publication in an 100% Gold Open Access journal, you can simply accept responsibility for the waiver and pay publication fees on acceptance.
Once you have chosen a funding option, submit your paper via Editorial Manager.
Aims and scope
The International Journal of Quality Innovation welcomes state-of-the-art papers from researchers and practitioners working worldwide.
The Journal explores the changing role of quality innovation, which performs an array of functions from simply creating new customer value to endeavoring to effect “smart” organizations and societies. As more and more organizations adopt service-based initiatives using tacit knowledge-enabled convergence platforms, and as consumers’ perceptions of product quality overlap with perceptions of service quality in an increasingly competitive, networked and complex global marketplace, quality innovation continues to emerge as a highly charged element of competitive advantage. Publications in the Journal engage with the emphatically dynamic nature of contemporary quality innovation.
Fully open access, the Journal is devoted to collaboration, open innovation, co-creation and knowledge-sharing across organizational and national boundaries.
The International Journal of Quality Innovation publishes Book Reviews, Case Studies, Empirical Articles, Review Articles, Short Reports, and Theoretical Articles.
When evaluating original research, the editors seek well-developed studies that are on sound theoretical footing with respect to their justification. Successful submissions will display high-quality statistical and/or qualitative methodology when it comes to sample and data collection, as well as fluid writing. Papers should clearly describe the implications and significance of the work, contributions to the existing literature, potential limitations and opportunities for future research.
From the Editor-in-Chief
"Digital transformation and dynamic market forces exert enormous impact on the changing concept of “quality” around the world. In keeping with the lightning-fast evolution of international quality innovation, this open access journal is devoted to sharing information across institutional and national barriers. Our approach is leading-edge: we welcome research on innovation in new customer values like experience, participation, co-creation, sharing, sustainability, and learning. We’re interested in innovation research that explores new quality paradigms like creating a “smart society,” the well-being of people, and shared visions of the future."
—Sang M. Lee, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- ISSN: 2363-7021 (electronic)
The International Journal of Quality Innovation is affiliated with the Korean Society for Quality Management (KSQM). The Society's mission is to advance innovative, goal-driven research in the field of quality and sustainability.
Annual Journal Metrics
47 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
30 days to first decision for all manuscripts
127 days from submission to acceptance
24 days from acceptance to publication
22 Altmetric mentions
Conversations about IJQU
This report breaks down mentions of the journal's research on social media.